A Quick Weekend Trip
I decided to take an unplanned trip home this weekend. this probably doesn't seem like a big deal, and I'm sure that people do this all the time. For me, however, this is quite uncommon. This is actually the first time that I have gone home on my own when there wasn't any formal break. This is my first semester having a car on campus so I have never had the flexibility to do this before. It was honestly a lot of fun to make such a spur of the moment decision.
Going home was not without purpose though. First, my family had a nice Halloween bonfire in our backyard. It was just my siblings and my parents, but it was fun to play some cheesy Halloween songs and drink apple cider on our back porch. Well, I did not drink much of the apple cider because I may or may not have spilled it all over myself when I tripped.
Another reason why I went home was because I needed to vote. I honestly forgot about absentee voting, but I prefer to go in person anyways. This was a pretty big election for my area because there were a lot of school board representatives and city council members that were up for election. Every vote really did count in this race because the final tallies were very close to each other. I am glad I went and did my civic duty!
The last main reason why I went home this past weekend was because my brother needed his senior photos taken. Did I have all summer to take these? Yes. Should I have done this also on fall break? Yes. Did my brother and I procrastinate on these? Yes again. To be fair, I had a very busy summer with work and so that is my reasoning for not doing it earlier. His pictures were due to the school soon and this was probably the last decent weekend we would have otherwise, so I figured I would just go home and get those done. My youngest sister tagged along as well so it was a fun time for us siblings to hang out with each other.
Sometimes going back to school after being home can be sad. I miss my family, and I miss being there all the time and hanging out with them like I used to. Going on this trip though, was a reminder that since I have this car, I am not isolated at Ohio Northern. If I needed to, I always have the ability to come home, and the thought is reassuring.
Now that I am back on campus though, I am realizing just exactly how much work I have to do. Admittedly, I did not get much done while I was at home, so that means I was not able to catch up on all of the things I should have been catching up on. With that being said, wish me the best of luck as I try not to drown in all of the school work that I have. I feel like more and more just keeps piling on, and Thanksgiving cannot be here soon enough.
See you next time,
Evie
I love taking random trips, especially ones that are on the spur of the moment. The bonfire sounds so cozy, minus the cider spill lol. I can totally relate to how hard it is leaving home after a nice visit, but it’s so nice knowing you have the freedom to go back whenever you need a little reset. Thanksgiving break will be here before you know it!
ReplyDeleteI love a good random trip. It's always nice to reset and can help make the work a bit easier. You got this, not too much longer before Thanksgiving break.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you got to see your family and take a much needed break! I totally understand missing your family.
ReplyDelete