Thanksgiving Break Festivities

Here we are, getting back in the regular school routine again! It seems like Thanksgiving Break went by way too quickly. I am not ready for school again, nor the end of the semester. It is crazy how the weeks go by so slowly while the semester just flew by. 

Overall, the Thanksgiving holiday was very nice. It was pretty quiet since my grandfather was the only family member we hosted. I did a good amount of the cooking and baking this year with my mom. I am not really good in the kitchen, but practice makes perfect! My mom says that the only way to learn how to cook is by continuing to do it. I am honestly not sure how much of a help I truly was, maybe more of a hindrance, but my mom was incredibly patient with me. She showed me how to prepare all the meals and make sure all the consistencies and measurements were correct. A good amount of what my mom does is from memory or learned by experience; there isn’t exactly an exact recipe to follow for some of these things. In the end, the meal turned out delicious, and I was proud to share the food with everyone. Plus, there were plenty of leftovers to enjoy for the rest of the weekend!

In addition to Thanksgiving dinner, I also did some Christmas shopping during break. It was fun to go about town and visit all the stores. Even if I don’t buy anything, it is fun to see what is out there. I was able to find the perfect gift for each of my siblings, as well as scope out some ideas for my parents. While I love shopping, I am glad my holiday spending is done for the sake of my budget! 

My family has a rule that no Christmas decorations go up in the house until after Thanksgiving, so we are finally able to put up the tree this weekend! It was so much fun to get into the holiday spirit and bring my own items back to my dorm room. Now my place at ONU is festive as well! 

It was great catching up with you all after taking a week off. 

See you next time,

Evie

Comments

  1. My family also has an unspoken rule about no Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. I find it funny that other families do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas shopping because just like you, I do not buy anything. Instead, if I see something I like, I add it to my Christmas List! I am always so bad at coming up with ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Practicing My Craft

A Quick Weekend Trip