Much Ado About Social Media
As some of you may know, I am currently enrolled in a course titled “Principles of Social Media” for my social media minor. In this course, we are going to learn the basics of what social media is and how it can be used effectively to market a brand and engage with the community. Since I run the platforms of several organizations, I am looking forward to learning as much as I can on this subject.
One of the sections of the first chapter that really stuck with me was the advantages and disadvantages of social media. It got me thinking about what types of companies have used social media marketing to their advantage versus being active to simply show that they have a presence. I often wonder how different a brand would be if they put more effort into their social media strategy, like with small business or family-owned shops. However, I then consider the disadvantages of social media, and I can understand why smaller business might hesitate. No matter how strong the advantages are, you can't ignore the amount of time, effort and risk that social media has, and you have to evaluate those before you make that sort of commitment online.
Furthermore, this chapter got me curious about companies that are B2B. If their audience isn’t the average social media user, how should their marketing strategy change on social media? Is social media as powerful of a strategy for these types of companies? These are the questions I asked myself after reading, and I hope to discover the answer throughout the course.
Even though the first chapter of the overview was simple, it definitely got the wheels turning in my brain. I am looking forward to what comes next!
See you soon,
Evie
Comments
Post a Comment