Expand Your Social Media Audience with Instagram

I am sure you will not be surprised when I tell you that I love using Instagram for marketing. If you have been staying up to date on my blogs (which you have…right?), then you would know that I love using Instragram for marketing purposes. I mean, just look at my ELM Photography portfolio! Everything for my freelancing can be found on Instagram. 

Instagram is a unique platform in the sense that it combines a lot of different platforms into one app. You can post photos, have stories, shop merchandise, DM, read threads, and view reels all without switching apps. That’s basically the functions of Snapchat, TikTok, and Twitter (X) combined, which is pretty nice considering that I do not personally have either of those apps. My point is that Instagram is very versatile, and they can be leveraged very effectively in a marketing campaign. It is important to recognize how Instagram can be used in different ways depending on the nature of your business or organization. 

For ELM Photography, my purpose for using Instagram is to share my portfolio with others and attract an audience based on my creative work. I typically use this platform to post pictures, and I grow/engage my audience by utilizing hashtags and collaborating with others on my posts. I do post on my stories as well, but not all the time. As a full-time student, I do not have the time to create reels, nor do I have enough clients to post several times a week. However, I have adapted my marketing plan to address my limitations. I have discovered was to post consistently, even if it is not frequently, and I utilize hashtags, tags, and collaborations to help my content reach a wider audience. 

Since ELM Photography is not my day job, I do not feel pressure to market my business on Instagram. It does, however, show potential clients that I am active in the community and open to the opportunity to work with them if the opportunity to arise. I am not planning on photography being a full-time job anytime in the future, though.

Overall, if you don’t already have your business or organization on Instagram, I would urge you to create an account sooner rather than later. I hope this article helped point out some of the big perks of using Instagram for marketing and has inspired you to try using the platform yourself. 

See you next time, 

Evie

Comments

  1. I am beyond glad that you have created a brand for your photography business within the last year! It has allowed you to grow your business and has provided you with numerous opportunities, such as working for the athletic department on campus. I am looking forward to seeing where your business take you in the near future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Evie! I love how you highlight Instagram’s versatility and how it can be used for different types of businesses, even if it's not your full-time gig. The way you’ve adapted your marketing strategy to fit your schedule as a student is really inspiring. It’s a good reminder that consistency is key, even if you don’t have time to post every day. Thanks for the helpful tips!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Practicing My Craft

Thanksgiving Break Festivities

A Quick Weekend Trip