Introducing the Social Sisters Podcast!


If you have been staying up to date on my recent blogs, you will know that I manage the ELM Photography Instagram account. This account was created a little over a year ago as a digital portfolio of my work. I figured that having an Instagram account would give me the opportunity to share my work with other people and give me more opportunities to take photos for other occasions. 

Recently, I discovered that one of my closest friends, Allayna Reiff, also runs her own professional social media channels. She is an avid gym-goer who creates motivational content under the handle @workout_withallayna. I began following Allayna the moment I saw she created the account. Since then, I have seen a variety of inspirational posts that have even encouraged me to regularly go to the gym again (thanks, Allayna!).

When we were asked to create a podcast for our Principles of Social Media class, I knew that there was no other person to do this project with. Allayna and I partnered together over our appreciation for social media and how it can be used to build up small businesses to form the Social Sisters podcast. 

The first episode of our new podcast would not be complete without inviting our dear friend and talented social media influencer Anna Kate Jackson to be interviewed. Despite being a full-time college student with a busy schedule, Anna Kate has managed to consistently post high-quality content.

I have never hosted a podcast before, and I had a great time collaborating with Allayna to put this project together. If you would like to support our channel and listen to the podcast on Spotify, visit the link here. It was definitely a learning curve to figure out how to record high-quality audio and to sound natural despite our nerves (and our hatred of listening to our own voices). We have quite a few bloopers saved to listen to on a bad day. We did meet before recording day to get our thoughts organized and plan out the timeline of our podcast, so I think that significantly improved the flow off our project. 

Thank you for checking out my blog and investing interest in our new podcast! You can check out Allayna’s thoughts on the podcast by checking out her blog, Allayna’s Digital Diary. She is an amazing writer and podcaster, so I highly recommend that you check out her work. I hope to see you again in the upcoming weeks!

See you next time,

Evie

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Practicing My Craft

Thanksgiving Break Festivities

A Quick Weekend Trip