Changing My Mindset: Pinterest
As I am sure you know this from my previous blogs, I am not a big social media user. I tend to stick to using the same platforms and apps, and I am very hesitant to try new things. This mindset, however, shifted when I discovered Pinterest.
Pinterest is a social media platform that allows users to find a variety of pictures and images relating to their personal interests. You can save those images on Pinterest Boards based on themes and aesthetics. The pictures and types of content that are on Pinterest range from a variety of topics that include food, fashion, travel, and athletics.
Personally, I never used Pinterest just because it was another account that I had to set up and another platform that I needed to keep track of. It didn't seem like it was worth the effort when I could just Google images instead. I had limited my mindset, and that prevented me from utilizing an app that could have provided me with so much more ease in my vision boards and projects. Being as stubborn as I am, I was determined to continue on with my ways and never use Pinterest for anything.
My thoughts on Pinterest began to shift however when I was reintroduced to the app in my social media class. In this class, we were informed of all of the different functions that Pinterest has. I thought back to all of the times in which I was looking for inspiration for a DIY project or searching for a particular aesthetic. rather than scrolling through Google and finding images that are completely useless I could have been scrolling on Pinterest and finding a plethora of images and content that fit my search perfectly. When I find certain images that I like, I could easily save them all in one place and keep my mood boards organized. This definitely beats taking screenshots on my phone and then completely losing track of them later down the road. Now that I'm on the app, I can't believe that I resisted it for so long.
The lesson you should take away from this blog post is that you shouldn't let your limited mindset stop you from utilizing tools that can help your everyday life. I am stubborn when it comes to change, but I have come to learn that change can often be a good thing when it is done correctly.
See you next time,
Evie
Comments
Post a Comment