The Happy Chaos of Greek Life

So I know you are reading the title of this blog post right now and thinking to yourself that this is not one of Evie's typical blog posts. I do realize that I am taking this blog in a completely different direction than normal. To be honest I really haven't done much photography lately. Coming back from spring break, I have had a lot more things to do on my workload, whether that be more school work or a plethora of meetings that I need to be at. Photography has just kind of been put on the back burner, and I am all right with that right now.

To tell you the truth, the main thing that has taken up my time recently is Greek life. For those of you who might not know, I am a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, which is one of the four social sororities on campus. One of the biggest Greek life events on campus is approaching in the next week and a half: Greek Sing. Honestly, all of Greek week takes a lot of time and energy but Greeks Sing is the event that  is truly super time intensive for everyone who is involved. Each chapter puts together a 7 minute  dance and singing routine based on their individual chapters' theme. This year, the theme for Greek week is music genres. Each sorority and fraternity was able to pick a music genre that they all liked and they will be performing something along that theme on Monday April 7th.

Honestly, I would say that this event is one of the highlights of my college career. Even though I've only done it once so far I just find the entire Greek thing experience to be incredibly fun and rewarding. Greek Sing takes hours upon hours of practice, and while that might seem like a lot and be really exhausting at times, I find that it allows me to bond with my sorority sisters in ways that I usually can't throughout the rest of the school year. We truly have so much fun with each other during practice just goofing off and being silly.  While we often practice late at night and are pretty tired by the end, I think it is all worth it to see our entire routine come together into one singular performance. Last year, I was so proud to stand in front of the student body and perform a cool dance routine with some of my closest friends on campus.

But Greek Sing is more than just performing with your sorority sisters. Another one of my favorite parts about this entire experience is watching the other sororities and fraternities put on their performances. You can tell that the other chapters put in such hard work, and it is really cool to see how we all took the same general theme and interpreted it in so many different ways.

Anyways, I know this is a little off topic for what I usually talk about on this blog but I hope that you enjoyed this little bit of insight into my life.

See you next time,

Evie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practicing My Craft

Thanksgiving Break Festivities

A Quick Weekend Trip