What is X?
Some of you guys may be familiar with the social media app called Twitter. This app was created nearly twenty years ago and has attracted hundreds of millions of users with its ability to share short snippets of texts on the internet. You were easily able to connect with others and chat with them online through this platform. This app had a pretty great run for over a decade, but Twitter didn’t stay out of the light of controversy for long.
In 2022, Elon bought the app in a controversial purchase that caused an uproar amongst the culture. Having purchased the app for roughly 44 billion dollars, Musk made a series of infamous changes to the company that some praised and others scorned.
Regardless of whether or not you agree with Elon Musk’s decisions, it is time to learn more about the rebranded Twitter platform, X. Essentially, the app has identical functions of Twitter with changes in things like the name and logo. Their fact checking structure, “banning” policies, and verification statuses have also been revised. Critics across the world have disagreed with these decisions, but ultimately, their uproar doesn’t matter; these changes are here to stay, and it is time to accept that.
I have never used X for personal reasons, but I have used the app for Northern Review to help advertise our latest articles. While we are a pretty small organization at a relatively small university, we don’t exactly have a large audience. However, I think that this platform allows us to directly link our articles and give people a brief glimpse at what the article is about in a simple and easy way. We do not currently have the manpower to post regularly on there or post things other than article advertisements, but I can definitely see the potential of this app for journalism purposes.
Anyways, I hope that you found this general overview of X helpful. I know that it was pretty brief and had surface level content, but the idea was to get you thinking about how this app could be used to leverage your marketing uses.
See you next time,
Evie
Comments
Post a Comment