I’ve Never Had TikTok….
This may come as a shock, but I have never had the TikTok app.
I know, that’s probably crazy to hear, as I am probably one of the few members of Gen Z who have never downloaded the app onto their phone. As someone who has never really spent much time on social media, I never really saw the need to have TikTok. I was kind of used to not being in the loop on certain trends that were going on, and I was okay with that. Once I created my Instagram account, I simply used Instagram reels to watch those styles of videos anyways. From what I could tell, it seems like a lot of people just double post the same thing on both Instagram and TikTok, so why download another app to see the same thing?
While those are my own opinions about why I don't use TikTok for personal reasons, it is still important to understand the basic functions and uses of the app for professional marketing purposes. Whether I like it or not, a lot of people in my generation use that app so it is an important marketing tool to use to reach them. I mean, you can’t ignore the fact that TikTok has 1.56 billion users across the world, nor the fact that the United States is the top country for users (which is impressive because it is India for most of the other apps). There is a huge opportunity to market your brand on this app because you have the potential to reach so many viewers in one place.
TikTok is still a relatively new app in comparison to most of the other social media platforms that we’ve discussed on the blog before. That being said, there is still a lot we can learn to better understand the algorithm and get a greater understanding of what the average audience member wants to see from a brand. As we know, consumers don’t want to see boring ads. That will not convince them to engage with your post. Rather, they would prefer to see relatability and connections with your company. Each company must find their own creative way to reach their audience, for there is no cookie cutter marketing strategy that works for everyone on this app.
All in all, I hope that this blog post gave you a solid understanding as to why TikTok is a key component of your marketing strategy, whether you like it or not.
See you next time,
Evie
I really enjoyed reading your perspective on TikTok! You make a great point about how businesses can still use TikTok effectively even if it's not personally appealing. The potential to reach such a huge audience is definitely hard to ignore!
ReplyDelete