Much Learned at the 2025 Social Media Workshop and Alumni Dinner

Yesterday, I had the amazing opportunity to attend the annual Social Media Workshop and the PRSSA Alumni Dinner. As someone who is not in the business college and is not as familiar with these types of events or organizations I found this to be an amazing experience.

For those of you who may not know, the Social Media Workshop is an annual event that invites businesses and social media professionals from the Northwest Ohio area to learn more about how to maximize their social media usage. A variety of keynote speakers present their well thought out and thoroughly researched advice to students and local entrepreneurs. While some of the speakers had similar observations of the modern social media landscape, it was interesting to see how each of them addressed it within their own companies. They were also very helpful in answering all of the audience's questions and being very conscious of what the interests and needs of the audience were.

Later in the evening, Ohio Northern’s chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) hosted their alumni dinner at The Inn. Even though I am not involved in this organization, I was invited to attend as a photographer to help capture all of the special moments that would be happening. At first I feared that my presence there would be awkward because I didn't really know many people. However I quickly felt the warm welcome of everybody who was there.

One of the greatest parts about being a photographer is being able to witness beautiful moments. The alumni dinner was definitely one of them. Like I said earlier, I didn't know most of the people who were at the Alumni Dinner, but despite that being so, I could easily tell that all of them had a strong friendship with each other. PRSSA is a community of young leaders and entrepreneurs who have a strong sense of pride in their Polar Bear roots. The students are excited for the real-world work that they are able to participate in and the alumni are more than willing to pass along their knowledge and support to the next generation.

Overall, I am so thankful for this experience. I love taking photographs at different events, and it was truly amazing to see the joy on everyone's faces as they connected with their peers and friends while enjoying a lovely meal together. 

See you next time,

Evie

Comments

  1. Evie!
    I love this! I can clearly tell how much you love photography and it's evident that you are great at it too! I am glad that you felt welcome when taking pictures during the alumni dinner because it can feel hard to be in a place with so many people that already know each other. I also agree, I think it was super interesting to see how much knowledge each keynote speaker had and how they pertained all the information back to themselves or their company. I can't wait to see the pictures you took of the social media workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not at all surprised to hear of your photography skills being put to use for more and more events on campus than just sports and portrait photos. Many people nowadays can take decent photos with the help of technology continuing to evolve. However, Evie, you have a special gift like no other. Your style and the way you capture moments is a skill that cannot be taught. Don't ever change that. Continue to do what you love and I'm quite certain that your photography business is going to go far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you’re not in the business college or part of PRSSA, you were able to capture the vibe of the whole event so well. Being the photographer sounds like the perfect way to soak it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evie, I'm so glad you're getting so much experience doing photography for our school events! The SM workshop was super interesting and it was so refreshing to see how connected each speaker was with their audiences. I didn't go to the alumni dinner, but I'm sure you captured the best moments of it. Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Practicing My Craft

Thanksgiving Break Festivities

A Quick Weekend Trip