My Thoughts on LinkedIn

Some people might think I am crazy for this, but I am one of those internet users who loves to use LinkedIn. On the surface, this can seem like a boring app that just goes on and on about different business ventures or professional development tips. doesn't seem too interesting, right? 

Here's the thing, I think that LinkedIn is a great way to advertise yourself by building a strong digital footprint on the internet. Without LinkedIn, our digital footprint is connected to our personal (and rather unprofessional) adventures, like on Instagram or Facebook. LinkedIn allows us to show the world all of the hard work we've put into our education and professional career without it seeming like you are bragging or being “too serious” on an unserious platform. Furthermore, I am able to see all of the hard work that my friends and peers are putting into their education. Let's dive in a little bit deeper on these topics.

Personally, I find great joy in adding to my digital resume through Linkedin. The platform not only lets others see the work that I have done in the past few years, but it helps me stay organized and keep track of all of my experiences and accomplishments. Having a paper copy of your resume when going into an interview is always important and a great first impression to make, but there is also great importance in making sure that your potential employer gets a good idea of who you are before you walk into the room. In fact, some recruiters may even check your LinkedIn profile before they give you the opportunity for an interview. Therefore, maintaining your profile online can help you get the interviews that you're looking for while also creating a strong digital footprint for yourself.

On a different note, I have connected with not only professors and employers on LinkedIn, but I have also connected with a lot of my peers, especially those that I went to high school with. As we all go our own different ways in the world, I'm always curious to see where my old classmates are going. There are so many different avenues that we have all taken, and it is a great way to keep in touch with them even if we were close friends. Building up that Network can also be a great way to make connections in your hometown or find out about new opportunities in other areas across the county or state. 

I hope that you consider using LinkedIn in your future professional endeavors because it has certainly helped my college career, and I have a feeling that it will help my professional career in the future as well.

See you next time, 

Evie Megery

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practicing My Craft

Thanksgiving Break Festivities

A Quick Weekend Trip