That’s a Wrap on Greek Week!

As I'm sure some of you might have seen on my last blog, last week was Greek Week!  Greek Week contains a long list of activities that all 10 of the social sorority and fraternities chapters take part in every spring. It starts off on a Monday with Greek Sing and carries on throughout the whole week until the Greek Olympics, which is kind of like the finale, on Saturday. 

While this week can be incredibly exhausting for all Greek life members, it is probably one of the most memorable weeks out of the entire semester. Here's the thing: we spend several weeks practicing and getting ready for Greek Week. There is a lot of preparation that goes on behind the scenes to make sure that we are at the top of our game and feel confident in participating in the activities we were selected to be a part of. For example, I was in the chariot race this year, which is something completely out of my comfort zone. It consists of two partners of runners, and each group of partners runs around half of the fraternity circle with someone inside of a chariot (or in our case, a grocery cart). Now I know that fraternity circle doesn’t seem that big when you are driving around it, but it is a whole different story when you are running and pushing a person at the same time. On top of that, you only have a limited distance where you can trade-off with the other set of runners. 

Am I over-exaggerating the seriousness of the chariot race? Probably. But as someone who isn’t really a runner, I was stressed and overthinking the entire situation. We had a couple days of practicing running with someone in the cart and doing the trade off. Once the morning of the Greek Olympics arrived, all was well. I had successfully run the race, and our team finished in second place. It definitely wasn’t as scary as I’d made it out to be in my head, and I am glad I pushed myself to try something new.

I am so thankful for the fun memories created during this Greek Week. Our sisters worked so hard all week, and I am so glad that our work paid off. I am looking forward to one last amazing Greek Week next year. Let’s make it the best one yet!

See you next time,

Evie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practicing My Craft

Thanksgiving Break Festivities

A Quick Weekend Trip