Senior Banquet Memories

Last weekend, I officially said goodbye to eleven of my senior sorority sisters. As of right now, they are actually considered alumni of the chapter! Sunday was a truly emotional day, for it was really bittersweet to watch them leave the chapter.

The events this year hit me harder than last year because I was a spring recruit and I didn’t really know the seniors at the time. While they were all very kind and welcoming towards me, I didn’t really have time to connect and form a deeper friendship with them. This year, though, I have gotten to know most of the seniors very well, and it saddened me to know that I will no longer be able to spend as much time with them as I had before. 

Sunday’s events started out with the Senior Banquet where we recognized our seniors with a brief video filled with photos from Theta events in the last 4 years. We also give seniors letters from their parents and families, an entire scrapbook, as well as a basket that each of their littles makes for them. While I won’t go into too much detail as to what the banquet entails, I will say that it is truly a special time for the seniors, and even though it is very emotional, I look forward to every year. It is crazy to think that next year will be mine!

Later in the evening, we have our last chapter with our seniors. This chapter usually isn’t too different from our normal chapter meetings, but we recognize our seniors one last time before we are dismissed. After chapter, our entire chapter gathers so that the seniors can pass down some of their Theta merchandise and memorabilia to the younger members. You would be shocked at the amount of Theta shirts and knick–knacks we accumulate over the years! The seniors usually don’t want to pack up and take most of those items back with them, with the exception of a few of their favorite items. 

While I am sad to see the seniors go, I am also excited to see what adventures they will be going on next! I am confident they will all be going on to do amazing things with their future careers. They have accomplished so much at Ohio Northern, so I know they will continue to make an impact on the world as well. 

See you next time, 

Evie

Comments

  1. What a heartfelt reflection, Evie. It’s clear how much these seniors meant to you and the chapter, and your words really capture the special bond that forms through shared experiences. The traditions you described, especially the banquet and final chapter, sound so meaningful, and it’s touching to see how much thought goes into honoring each senior. I’m sure next year will be incredibly special for you too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Practicing My Craft

Thanksgiving Break Festivities

A Quick Weekend Trip