Bid Day, Best Day


The day we have all been waiting for has finally arrived: Bid Day! 

For those of you who are not as familiar with Greek life terminology, Bid Day is the day all of the potential new members receive a bid from a sorority. This is usually followed with a little ceremony as well as festivities put on by all of the chapters.

The first thing that happened  Sunday morning was handing out bids. As an RG, I was one of the people who got to physically deliver the bids to the new members door. We knocked and presented them with the bid and they either accepted or declined. It was so heartwarming to see the new members' faces light up when they saw the sorority that they got into. The joy on their faces was truly indescribable, and it was so rewarding to see that after guiding them throughout the past few weeks.

An hour later, we all met in affinity for the bid day ceremony. All the chapters, RGs, and new members were there. That was when the RGs revealed their affiliation with the new  members. We all lined up in the middle of the on with zip-up jackets. When our names were announced, we unzipped our jackets and revealed the letters of the chapter we were Affiliated to. This was so exciting because I knew that the new members had suspicions of which chapters all of us belong to, and it was fun to see their surprise.

One of the best moments throughout the day was getting to run home to my little, Callie. After having to keep our distance these past few weeks and not speak to each other at all during the recruitment process, it was such an amazing feeling to be able to run back to her and give her a nice big hug. I was also able to rejoice and hug all of my friends. While it sounds kind of silly to type out, this moment is very special to RG’s who run home. Callie also made me this really cute sign to run home too and I am now hanging it in my room!

Shortly after I ran home, the new members all ran to their respective sorority houses. I ended up being a bid day buddy, which means that I am assigned a new member that I mentor and guide throughout the new member process, and she ran home to me! It was really fun getting to know her because she is such a sweet girl and I know that she will fit into our chapter wonderfully. I was able to get to know her more throughout the day, and we took so many amazing pictures together. I can't wait to see how she grows in Kappa Alpha Theta.

The rest of the day was filled with food, music, and lots of picture taking. It was truly a day full of joy and friendship that I will always remember. While I'm so sad that that was my last bid day, I will forever cherish the memories that were made.

See you next time,

Evie

Comments

  1. WELCOME BACK HOME!!! I am so excited to finally be able to say we are sisters again. I am so proud of all the hard work you put into recruitment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Practicing My Craft

Thanksgiving Break Festivities

A Quick Weekend Trip