Homecoming Weekend Recap

It's crazy to think that Homecoming weekend has already come and gone. The craziest part is that it doesn't even feel like fall yet. Normally when I think of Homecoming, I think of fall leaves and perfect 70 degree weather. This year, however, it still felt like we were at the peak of summer. The leaves were still green and it was extremely hot! It definitely was not fall weather. I guess I cannot really complain though because it wasn't raining. There's nothing better than a sunny day when you have a parade and many outdoor activities. Overall, this was an amazing Homecoming weekend. It was my last one as a current student since I am a senior, so I wanted to make the most out of it.

I kicked off the day with the Homecoming parade. I was involved in the parade again this year because I am a member of residence life. Each residence hall is included in the parade, so I got to walk with all of my fellow Resident Assistants. The only unfortunate part about the parade is that we had to get there super early in the morning to line up. It was a great morning, so I can't complain, but it was a struggle to get up so early when I knew I would have a long day ahead of me. The parade was a lot of fun because we got to give candy to a lot of cute children who were cheering us on. It was so rewarding to see the huge smiles on their faces when we handed them the sweets.

Next, I went to a tailgate that was being hosted by my sorority. It was great to enjoy some delicious food with my friends and meet some of the incredible alumni. Some of the alumni were recent graduates, so it was great to see them again! I also went to the activities tent with some of my friends and we got some amazing freebies. 

After all of those festivities, my friends and I went to the Homecoming game and cheered on the polar bears as they defeated Marietta. It was amazing to see the polar bears take on such a victory with a packed stadium. I also thought that the marching band performance was really cool too. You can tell that they put a lot of hard work and practice into it, and that is what made it so amazing. My friends and I also found out that the banner we created for Homecoming won first place in the Greek life category. My friend and I worked really hard to put that banner together, so it was so rewarding to hear our names being announced. 

I finished off the day by taking pictures at the men's soccer game. They fought a hard game against Marietta, and also emerged victorious!

As I said before, this was an amazing Homecoming weekend. well I am sad that this will be my last one on campus, I am looking forward to returning in future years as an alumni.

See you next time, 

Evie 

Comments

  1. Homecoming was a blast for me this year! Although it was very hot like you said, it also was really nice to see some alumni who helped me through my freshman year. It is crazy to see everyone again but it feels so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homecoming seemed so fun! I had to work during the games and parade, but it was great to see the alumni Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Practicing My Craft

Thanksgiving Break Festivities

A Quick Weekend Trip