A Weekend to Remember




If you couldn’t tell by the many blog posts I have written in the past, I love taking photos at sports events. To be completely honest, I do not really understand much about sports, but I love the energizing atmosphere and the excitement of the game. Maybe it is the cheers on the sidelines or the smell of the concession stand wafting through the air. No matter what sport I am watching, I have fun.

This weekend was quite an interesting one for Ohio Northern athletics. I went to three athletic events to take pictures. It was quite exhausting, but fun at the same time. The first game that I went to was volleyball. They played Otterbein. It was a pretty difficult game for the team, and they lost pretty badly. I have taken so many volleyball pictures lately, so it has been a challenge to find new and creative shots. I got a few that I liked, but it was nothing too impressive like other games I have done. They did win their most recent match against Baldwin Wallace. 

Right after the volleyball game, I ran over to football to get some photos. I have not done any football pictures this year, and this was my last chance to get any since this was the last home game of the season. I was so glad I went because it was an incredible game. Baldwin Wallace was No. 22 in the country, and the Polar Bears defied the odds and beat them. The craziest moments of the game were in the last five minutes. At around the five minute mark, Ohio Northern intercepted the ball. Then, with 1:46 left in the game, the Polar Bears recovered a Baldwin Wallace fumble. Then, our team ran out the game clock and won the game 30-28. I loved taking photos at the game because the celebration photos were amazing. I don’t think I posted that many of the actual game because the celebration shots were so good. 

Then, on Sunday, the men’s soccer team played in the OAC Championship. It was cold and snowing outside, and the game ended 0-0. Ultimately, Ohio Northern lost to penalty kicks. It was an unfortunate loss, but a great game played by the team. 

It was a great weekend of sports photos, but I am looking forward to a break this weekend.

See you next time, 

Evie

Comments

  1. I love how you capture the energy of every game, even the ones that don’t go our way. It truly is so cool to see how much heart you put into your work. What a crazy and exciting weekend for ONU athletics, and you documented it so well. Can’t wait to see what you shoot next—enjoy your well-earned break beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how passionate you are about taking photos and specifically ONU sports photography keep up the hard work!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Practicing My Craft

Thanksgiving Break Festivities

A Quick Weekend Trip